Author: Evangelist David Liebler "Littlethunder"
Just what is “freedom?” the mere word freedom is derived from the word “free” which is defined as having personal liberty.
But what does that mean to you as a person? Are you really free? Is what you perceive as free really freedom?
Depending on who you seek this answer they would give you more than likely the answer that they are free. But I have some rather sad news for you ; you are less free than you think According to Gods Word you are not free. That’s right, you are not free. Because of one man’s disobedience all have been made slaves to sin. So I guess we can thank good ol’ Eve and Adam for our journey through the land of sin.
Now you may be thinking that you have never sinned. Listen to what God’s Word says, and we know that god never lies… “For All have sinned and come short of the glory of God.”
Romans 3:23-25 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
24. Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
25. Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
Romans 4:14-16 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
16. And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification
Romans 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
The move “Braveheart “depicts the story about a man named William Wallace. A brave man to say the least. He fought many a battles to free his country of the sins of tyranny for the country of Scotland. In time the land was free. But was it? Was there another quest for freedom that even we strive for?
Here in the States we fought for our freedom many a times. The Cival War, two great World wars and so forth. While we may be like that of the land of Scotland I ask again are we as a people any more free?
While researching this study I came across this…
“On a grave in ancient Greece: Zosime, a slave in body alone, has now found freedom.”
Does that make you think a little? If not consider this from your place in time. To thoundsands of men and women you are considered free. But are you really free?
Consider this. When you want to read a book, you need to make time to do so. If you wanted to play a game with friends and or family you have to make time. To just gain a few moments of peace and quiet you have to perhaps find the time to escape to a nearby library. Thus you have become not only a slave to sin but you have become a slave to time. To some one in prison or jail they have more freedom than you do and they are behind cold steel bars up to twenty-three hours per day.
Countless number of men an women have time to read books of their liking, watch television, attend schooling pulling up to sixteen credit hours per semester. To the many behind bars who know Jesus as Lord and Savior they have countless number of hours , days, weeks and years to study Gods Word. I know of a Christian who once he was introduced to his new living arrangements set himself to reading god’s Word through from cover to cover. Because of all the fre time he had he was able to read god’s word through in a mere three months six days and eighteen hours.
My friend, freedom is not where you stand or sit at any given place in time!
In truth freedom is how free you are willing to make your heart with God.
William Wallace and God both have one thing in common. They believe in freedom. What their difference is as follows. William Wallace fought for freedom for Scotland. God on the other and fought for you to be free from your sinful way of life and give you live eternal. That my beloved is something no man, woman, or child can or ever could give you.
John 8:26-36 reads as I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.
27. They understood not that he spake to them of the Father.
28. Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
29. And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.
30. As he spake these words, many believed on him.
31. Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
32. And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
33. They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
34. Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
35. And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
36. If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
God has made a way for your freedom from sin. You need not fight a war or battle. You don’t even have to go and get ready for the moment. God is will to take you just as your are, no strings attached. The expressway to god is not bound by toll booths and you don’t eve have to get in your car . The was has been made for you. And the most important part is that this gift of freedom that you can receive right here and now is one hundred percent free. That’s right it is the free gift of God who right now can give you livfe eternal and freedom from the bondages of sin,.